The mission of the Cure Glaucoma Foundation is to improve access to quality care, fund transformational research, and disseminate knowledge through global outreach efforts.
The cure Glaucoma Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit organization established to address the burden of blindness related to glaucoma in underserved communities. CGF's mission is to improve access to quality care, fund transformational research, and disseminate knowledge through global outreach efforts. Its goals are achieved by developing the following vision programs:
- Engaging the next generation of researchers to pool collective brainpower by funding research that transforms our hope in finding a cure for glaucoma, into clinical realities for our community.
- International medical mission trips to Latin America, Nepal, and Haiti to provide culturally competent glaucoma treatment services, vision health education, and linkage to ongoing ophthalmology care for persons treated for glaucoma.
- Sharing information to further develop competencies that will enable ophthalmologists to effectively mentor, and facilitate knowledge acquisition to identify and treat patients with glaucoma in other developing countries through its Train the Trainer Fellowship Program
- Serving families and individuals in need of glaucoma care with free eye exams, surgical, and post-operative clinical care necessary to prevent disease progression and blindness.
- Instructing promising young ophthalmologist through international observerships to improve practical skills and broaden their perspectives of ophthalmology in the practice area of glaucoma.
Although we are proud of our local and international efforts thus far, continued support is necessary to advance mission objectives and effectively serve our global community.
Need Your 2017 Receipt?
Search by Category
Choose a category below to view a list of organizations...