Dallas Area Parkinsonism Society is dedicated to impacting and improving the lives of those affected by Parkinson's disease. We do this by partnering with the local community, private sector, and individual donors to provide group exercise classes, speech therapy, dance for movement disorders classes, non-contact boxing, cycling, swimming, partners-in-care groups, educational/inspirational meetings, and a monthly newsletter for those affected by Parkinson's disease. By providing these services, we empower people with Parkinson's to live active and fulfilling lives.
Funds to support current programs and services (offered at no charge or at a discount to participants)
- 30+ weekly exercise and speech groups
- 3 Move.Laugh.Connect. classes per week
- 4 weekly / monthly care partner support groups
- 3 Dance for Movement Disorders classes per week
- monthly educational/inspirational meetings in 3 locations
- monthly newsletter mailed and emailed
- 1 full-time and 1 part-time staff member
- 13 group leaders
Funds to support growth:
- Add at least 1 new location with regular group meetings (weekly exercise group, speech/swallowing therapy, and caregiver support group)
- Purchase needed equipment such as exercise weights, balls, and stretch bands
Funds to dream with:
- Provide transportation help to those in need
- Provide in-home contacts
- Purchase / lease a dedicated DAPS facility for exercise/speech/support groups and General Membership Meetings
- Additional staff: MLSW (social worker), Program Manager, Development Director, Volunteer Coordinator
DAPS Board & Staff
Need Your 2017 Receipt?
Search by Category
Choose a category below to view a list of organizations...