Homeless Veterans Services of Dallas, Inc. (HVSD) is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization dedicated to improving the lives of homeless and at risk veterans and their families. The mission of HVSD is to provide assistance in the area of housing and self-sufficiency by way of donations, fund raising and grant efforts for homeless or at risk veterans and their families.
- Bottled Water
- Sports Drinks
- Tshirts (all sizes)
- Men's Socks
- Men's Underwear (all sizes)
- Women's socks
- Women's Undergarments (bras and underwear - all sizes)
- Rain Ponchos
- Body Wash
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Foot Powder
- Small flashlights and batteries
- Insect Repellent
- Small zipper style baggies (we put laundry detergent in individual bags and hand them out as a veteran signs in to do his/her laundry on-site at the Veterans Resource Center)
- Gallon size zipper style baggies (to protect belongings inside backpack)
- Gas station gift cards (needed for transportation to job interviews and doctor's appointments)
- Bus Passes (needed for transportation to job interviews, doctor's appointments)
NEW ITEMS ARE REQUESTED
PLEASE REMEMBER ANY HYGIENE ITEM OR CLOTHING ITEM THAT YOU NEED ON A DAILY BASIS ARE THE SAME ITEMS THAT OUR HOMELESS AND AT RISK VETERANS NEED ON A DAILY BASIS.
ITEMS NEEDED TO RUN THE VETERANS RESOURCE CENTER:
- Heavy Duty Shower Curtains
- Laundry Detergent (powdered detergent)
- Walk-in cooler and freezer or a combination unit
- Fork Lift to unload trucks for the center
- Box Truck - to be used to pick up donations
Need Your 2017 Receipt?
Search by Category
Choose a category below to view a list of organizations...